And an end view:
Completely my fault for not providing good enough strain relief where the limb was attached to my center shot bracket.
These limbs do not have a thicker base with built in strain relief and I tried to just round the corner on my bracket but not enough. So all the stress got concentrated where the limb pressed on the corner of the bracket.
The good news is I was not wild about those limbs anyway as they were short and had a short power stroke. I am really a big fan of LONG power strokes.
So not wanting to wait for another order to come in, I pressed my old recurve limbs back into service. I had them on before just temporarily but they were about 51" long with a 24" draw
So I cut them down and cleaned up the mount some. I did a draw force curve on them and they pull 90# at 20" now. They are still 41" wide so not exactly handy but much more so than the original 51".
I had to reattach about 9" of the stock I cut off the front for the longer draw. Here is what it looks like now:
I added 1/4" of wood on each side at the glue joint for additional support and then blended them in like this:
It actually ended up making a nice "lump" that works well as a hand hold at close to the CG. Nice for one handed carry.
With the longer power stroke, it performs much better at 90# than the short limbs did at 140#. I shot it through my crono this morning and got 214 FPS with the same arrow that the 140# short limbs shot at 193 FPS. Not a power house but usable. Much stronger than any of my home made recurves and they shot through several deer and even a cow elk.
I still have a lot of finishing work to do but at lease I have it back to sending arrows down range.
And so far the trigger/release is still functioning perfectly 100% of the time. I REALLY like it.