I want to do a semi modern build with this trigger type but the above would be aggravating.
So I am experimenting with an improved version. I basically, lowered the front fork pin, and adjusted the geometry of the other parts to accommodate. I went with the bolted together claw assembly just because it is easier to machine and seems to work fine. You can see the dropped fork pin in this photo:
And here is the claw assembled:
You can see the front groove for the down fletch in this picture:
It will now accommodate any of my arrows.
Here is a shot of all the parts:
It seems to work well just testing it in my hand but I have yet to test it in a Xbow. I don't have anything I want to mess up by taking apart now, and the new bow I ordered to do a build with this trigger is back ordered. So I am on hold until it arrives. I have a bunch of work travel coming up so it will likely get there the day after I leave.
I leave next weekend for two weeks on the road. (on my motorcycle if the weather holds in Tulsa and Albuquerque)
But I will post a follow up once I get it shooting.