(It's kind of like that guy in 'Close Encounters' who just had to build a model of Devil's Tower.)
So, I've been doing some reading on here, and I have a few questions.
- I was going to make the nut out of steel, but I see Delrin is way better. I found a source of Delrin at an airplane supply company near Toronto.
- In a lot of the designs I see, it appears the nut is just rotating in a round hole, with no axle - is that correct? If so, wouldn't it be better for it to spin on a 1/4" steel axle?
- I don't see any kind of spring to rotate the nut back to a starting spot - how to you get it back to the starting position to cock the bow?
- Does anyone here use flattened PVC for prods?
- Are there any good plans and patterns on here?
- I want to start with a light target crossbow, and then make a heavy hunting bow. Any ideas on this - just change the prod, or make two bows?