The Arbalist Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossbows - Everything about Building, Modding, and Using your Crossbow Gear

Latest topics

» 12th Century Chinese Crossbow Chronographed
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:50 pm

» Crossbow Stock
by kenh Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:19 am

» Colletiere a Charavines continuing experiment
by stuckinthemud1 Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:36 am

» Cocking - how
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:24 am

» Questions around heavy crossbow lath buildin
by stuckinthemud1 Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:10 am

» Arab Crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:57 am

» prod angle, and lever trigger for sale anyone?
by stuckinthemud1 Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 am

» flexible string
by jasper1978 Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:25 am

» [solved]Skane/Lillohus crossbow thread
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:44 am

» jens sensfelder
by jasper1978 Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:58 pm

» 400lb Windlass crossbow bolts weight and accuracy shooting high.
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:53 pm

» Codex Löffelholz crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:14 pm

» Digitar prodsc
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:42 pm

» Troubleshooting
by Andy. Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:29 pm

» Wood Prods
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:47 pm

» Colletiere a Charavines crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:54 am

» Simplified Löffelhotz speedloader
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:05 pm

» Fiberglass H-bows
by c sitas Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:44 am

» Bad Antler
by drawknife Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:48 am

» Anyone make their own bolts?
by Juniper Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:20 am

» Josef alm in English
by Juniper Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:22 am

» Qin/Han lock drawings
by kenh Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:16 pm

» stirrup dimensions?
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:49 pm

» Skane/Lillohus lockbow information needed
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:23 am

» need help contacting le musee Dauphinois Grenoble
by stuckinthemud1 Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:22 pm

2 posters

TALISMAN CROSSBOWS AT HOTEL ENDSLIEGH THIS COMING SUNDAY

Phil Abrahams
    Phil Abrahams
    Talisman Crossbows

TALISMAN CROSSBOWS AT HOTEL ENDSLIEGH THIS COMING SUNDAY Empty TALISMAN CROSSBOWS AT HOTEL ENDSLIEGH THIS COMING SUNDAY

Post by Phil Abrahams Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:33 am

Good day fellow crossbowmen and women sorry for posting this rather late as i have been here there and everywhere getting thing's organised,anyway this coming sunday 28 th august I will be going along to this archery event of which all aspect's of archery is featured from ancient/ medieval to modern day compound vertical bow's and of course crossbow's.I will be taking with me THE BEAST and DARK ANGEL and MANTIS and a few other's and yes you can shoot them all as the organiser is setting us up target's to enable this.I will be there along with info on the up and coming production crossbow to some and not to other's Mantis and it should be a fantastic day for all who love archery and is being held at THE HOTEL ENDSLEIGH in DEVON near Exeter now i will be there from 10.00 to around five oclock maybe later we will see how thing's pan out there.Also like to say Ben Blaque GOOD LUCK with your wicked crossbow act in Paris so wish i could be there to see it in the flesh and i will call you very soon,have a great weekend whatever you are all up to have fun,Phil.

Last edited by Ivo on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake's [Admin Edit: Added Callenar Event...Have Fun! : ) ])
    Basilisk120
    Basilisk120

TALISMAN CROSSBOWS AT HOTEL ENDSLIEGH THIS COMING SUNDAY Empty Re: TALISMAN CROSSBOWS AT HOTEL ENDSLIEGH THIS COMING SUNDAY

Post by Basilisk120 Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Man wish I could go but that would be a long drive being on the other side of the pond and all that.

Best of luck, *looks at time* err hope you have fun might be more appropriate.
    Phil Abrahams
    Phil Abrahams
    Talisman Crossbows

TALISMAN CROSSBOWS AT HOTEL ENDSLIEGH THIS COMING SUNDAY Empty Re: TALISMAN CROSSBOWS AT HOTEL ENDSLIEGH THIS COMING SUNDAY

Post by Phil Abrahams Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Hey thank's bro and i wish you could have come too,anyway i forgot to put THE TOAD HOLLOW ARCHERY GROUP on the posting,sorry guy's as i was rushing thing's as i had so much to do in little time.Well it was an INCREDIBLE day out for me and the boy's we all loved that place it was so so beautiful there in Tavistock ,Devon.We got lost on our way there and we were very stressed to say the least but we got there around 11,00 oclock so not too bad as i hate sat nav and i never want it ever i try to rely on my usually good sense of direction and ask people as this is much more more fun than relying on modern technology as to me it is alway's unreliable as modern technology would be good if it worked, when you really need it lol as i like to use my brain to keep it exorsised,lol.Rex harpham a BIG THANK'S to you for arranging all this as this would not of happened at this end and to IAN the main man and all the fabulouse archer's that were there as i talked to many people concerning their equipment and amswering question's on my bow's i took along and i am glad that people found my bow's of interest to them and i loved the bow's i saw there too some awesome EXCAL'S there i have to say as were other's too i loved the Tenpoint GT that you can set the powerstroke on that was one neat bow i have to say and them ONEDA vertical's were bad ass thing's i loved them.The place was incredible there and they set that shoot up absolutely wickedly brilliant stuff you guy's ROCK. Ian and Paul the steward guy's in the high viz big thank's for the showing us the target shoot and course we loved it even though we did not get to shoot we were satisfied.Joshua Preston the engineering genius was there too as arranged by Rex Harpham to meet me there to discuss some engineering solution's for this new bow we are bringing out The Mantis mechanical crossbow and i showed him a steel bullet of 330 gns that had deformed into a mushroom like head following being shot at an 8 mm thick toughened alloy plate and buckled into a swan neck shape too sending it up through the carbon shaft and splitting it apart with the severe impact shockwave,he he i am finding this rather amusing.YOU SHOULD HAVE HEARD THE IMPACT IT WAS INCREDIBLY LOUD.And a pointed bullet of the same weight in grn's that went into it so deep it dented right out through the other side and Joshua thought that this was incredible stuff and he was not at all surprised when i said the bowstring went through the sound barrier on dryfire.That is one hellish thing you got there Phil he said and that man know's what he is talking about as he has many year's of vast experience in engineering and he may well be the person to help me get this incredible piece of equipment to all who would like to own one as he know's manufacturing in engineering inside out all the different processe's we need such as casting and cnc and also edm and lazercutting etc etc and what process will suit each part best so i am more than happy as thing's are panning out good.We also went into this MINDBLOWING PUB on the way home near Tavistock just before you get onto the A30 on the way home THE BEAR HIVE is one place that will blow your mind no kidding it blew me and the boy's away it was mad and beautiful and FAR OUT so far out too far out for word's and yes we took the crossbow's inthere and showed them these bow's and they were blown away too,lol so we were all on a high in there on the goodstuff the natural high the best high you can ever get,OH WHAT A DAY it was sheer heaven for us.

Last edited by Phil Abrahams on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
    Phil Abrahams
    Phil Abrahams
    Talisman Crossbows

Post by Phil Abrahams Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:14 pm

The plan is to get one all completely cast up and fully assembled then to meet up with Joshua and ask if he can get part's made to higher spec for a competitive price,this is all being done as i have all the main part pattern's finished for casting.And this unique bow can operate like a shotgun and shoot inexpensive crossbow micro bolt's/bullet's and conventional bolt's and arrow's so one good all rounder for all good shooting fun and hunting.The crossbow has to be the most versatile weapon out there as i find it amazing to look at and shoot i just love em they are devil's,lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 am