» aluminum prod
by Phil Abrahams Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:38 am

» First whitetail buck taken with medieval crossbow
by Phil Abrahams Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:38 am

» Airsoft Crossbow
by JacobL Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:11 pm

» Questions about steel prod specs
by JacobL Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:25 pm

» Faking a medieval composite crossbow prod.
by JacobL Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:13 pm

» Airsoft Bow
by JacobL Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:56 pm

» Hello All!
by JacobL Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:54 pm

» Padre Island Bow
by Geezer Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:14 pm

» Blocked pictures by Photobucket
by Crossbowmen Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:33 pm

» Geezer website?
by Geezer Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:01 pm

» Could I get advise on order of operations?
by Bs1110101 Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:02 am

» Renaissance Sporting crossbow
by chaz Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:22 am

» Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
by Agniznag Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:26 pm

» The Arbalist Guild - Around the World
by Agniznag Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:56 am

» opinions please
by Geezer Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:19 pm

» Hello all!
by Tarzan65 Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:54 am

» Yet another one
by Daniel Levesque Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:37 am

» Renaissance peep sight
by kenh Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:48 am

VIDEO OF MANTIS COMPOUND MECH BOW

Phil Abrahams
    Talisman Crossbows

VIDEO OF MANTIS COMPOUND MECH BOW

Post by Phil Abrahams on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi guy's i have managed to shoot a video today of this weapon shooting at 12 yrd's and we had a laugh doing this.This may well be of some interest to some out there and i will do more but next time with fletched bolt's it should be on U TUBE BROADCAST YOURSELF within the next 30 min's or so just type in MANTIS COMPOUND SHOOTING A BULLET and it should come up if IVO could upload it onto here that would be great,anyway i hope you all enjoy it and it is not brilliant but for now it will suffice. sunny

Last edited by Phil Abrahams on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction of mistake)
    Phil Abrahams
    Talisman Crossbows

Re: VIDEO OF MANTIS COMPOUND MECH BOW

Post by Phil Abrahams on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Around 86 minute's left before it is comletely uploaded and the title of this video is MANTIS COMPOUND SHOOTING A BULLET.Well i have been all this time up until now waiting for it to complete and it froze due to too many people on the web,don't worry i will give it a go in the morning and should be fine.
    Phil Abrahams
    Talisman Crossbows

Post by Phil Abrahams on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:29 pm

We now have the first of more to come of this high-tech mechanical bow and i hope you enjoy this one!

Phil.
    Basilisk120

Post by Basilisk120 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:40 pm

Thanks for the video

Really nice to see the bow in operation.

Looks like one sweet shooting little crossbow, well not so little. And it looks like it has a bit of power behind it.

Something Something Dark Side
    Phil Abrahams
    Talisman Crossbows

Post by Phil Abrahams on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Thank's Basilisk 120.Glad you found it of interest,i will do another very shortly but with 22" bolt's carbon's and shooting a range of broadhead's at plywood and anything else i can think of that may make it interesting.Ideally i need to get out and do some long range stuff at 30/50/100 yrd's that is what i want to do after the next video.But you can see what good shooting fun may be had with these cheaper bolt like projectile's.Ideally instead of using 6mm diameter nail's it is much better to use steel rod as it is much more consistently accurate and i found that i could hit pretty accurate out to 150 yrd's when all set up on a rest with these bullet's providing they are carefully assembled.
    Ivo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ivo on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey Phil,

Looks like loads of fun. I remember your older videos of the mantis, you changed it quite a bit, ey? Smile

What are the new specs? The limbs are certainly shorter than on the previous model. cyclops

And another thing...how many bolts fly out of that thing? I see you put in a black unfetchable "bullet" with a silver tip, *ping* goes the plate, and when you get closer to the target there is a shiny steel bolt with yellow fletching sticking out of the plate. And a few feet to the right are the bullet bolts stuck in a 2x4. What am I missing here? scratch

Anyway, I'm glad you got a better camera...the quality was worth the wait and the crossbow is a beauty (or the beast...which ever way you like it better Smile ). Thanks for sharing and I'll be keeping an eye on your channel and the forum for the updates...You got lots of cool stuff as I remember, think you even built one that had a chain driven spanning mech built into the stock, no? Smile

Ivo

PS. Now that I think about it, one of your fans actually started a topic
    where we were talking about your bows, need to look it up again. Very Happy

~ "I don't have any special talents. I'm only passionately curious."
    ~ "All Genius is Simple"
    Phil Abrahams
    Talisman Crossbows

Post by Phil Abrahams on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Yes Ivo them older vid's were done when we went camping around four year's ago and since then i have developed it a lot more.It was very impressive when i ran it on high power back then as it had a lot of spring power and was very strong and took some getting back with a rope cocker.It also had a 15 inch powerstroke and the limb's were i think 32" total width.Now with the recurve type set up it is only 26" in total bowspan limb tip to tip and it also has a 19.8" powerstroke also i designed a very neat compact compound set up that is very simple with tiny pulley's and are only 17" tip to tip so very narrow and yes i know them old video's were very poor as we only did it for fun on a camera phone but it was a good bit of fun at the time.Now going back to the newer video on here that bullet i shot was the one that impacted to the left of that 500 grn music wire bolt and i left it in that metal plate as i could not get it out.I am now working on casting's such as getting it all together as a pre production unit and as i have re designed the trigger mech i am finalizing all the drilling's for all the part's and fit and you know how it is as these have got to be just perfect.What i want to do sometime this week is another video with bolt's and target and broadhead tip's. Also some long range video shooting as well with bolt's.If i left anything uncovered then just let me know.I cannot wait to see it all finnished in a nice black carbon camo or other finish,not to everyone's taste i know but i myself absolutely love shooting it it really is a blast,he he.Those log's behind the target's are Ash and that is hard wood and the bullet's that hit them went into them around 2 and a half inche's deep i had to split them with an axe to get them out.
    Phil Abrahams
    Talisman Crossbows

Post by Phil Abrahams on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Something i forgot to answer was yes that is correct the Beast crossbow has two small chain's on a geared windlass and also the Dark angel bow has a chain driven claw but with one bicycle chain and the both work very well but add weight to the bow,the Dark angel is not that heavy though and a full hunting target version of it without fancy piece's could be a nice bow.I made a beauty for a guy that shot wild boar in Germany and it had a 350 -400 top draw prod and i wish i had some picture's of it as the one's i took were not very clever.To keep the weight down i got him a Horton easy crank that could just fit over the shoulder stock,Still waiting for him to send me some photo's of it.I will see if i can find some half decent one's to upload on here.

respecmyconglomerate
    Fresh Blood

Doesn't mean
    I'm new to crossbows

Fresh Blood Doesn't meanI'm new to crossbows

Post by respecmyconglomerate on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:45 pm

anti materiel cross bow lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:46 am