The Arbalist Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossbows - Everything about Building, Modding, and Using your Crossbow Gear

Latest topics

» 12th Century Chinese Crossbow Chronographed
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:50 pm

» Crossbow Stock
by kenh Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:19 am

» Colletiere a Charavines continuing experiment
by stuckinthemud1 Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:36 am

» Cocking - how
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:24 am

» Questions around heavy crossbow lath buildin
by stuckinthemud1 Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:10 am

» Arab Crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:57 am

» prod angle, and lever trigger for sale anyone?
by stuckinthemud1 Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 am

» flexible string
by jasper1978 Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:25 am

» [solved]Skane/Lillohus crossbow thread
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:44 am

» jens sensfelder
by jasper1978 Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:58 pm

» 400lb Windlass crossbow bolts weight and accuracy shooting high.
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:53 pm

» Codex Löffelholz crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:14 pm

» Digitar prodsc
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:42 pm

» Troubleshooting
by Andy. Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:29 pm

» Wood Prods
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:47 pm

» Colletiere a Charavines crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:54 am

» Simplified Löffelhotz speedloader
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:05 pm

» Fiberglass H-bows
by c sitas Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:44 am

» Bad Antler
by drawknife Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:48 am

» Anyone make their own bolts?
by Juniper Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:20 am

» Josef alm in English
by Juniper Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:22 am

» Qin/Han lock drawings
by kenh Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:16 pm

» stirrup dimensions?
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:49 pm

» Skane/Lillohus lockbow information needed
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:23 am

» need help contacting le musee Dauphinois Grenoble
by stuckinthemud1 Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:22 pm

+2
mac
Ivo
6 posters

Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :)

Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :) Empty Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi guys,

Ivo's busy, so he asked me to chime in with some REALLLLLYY COOOL NEWS!!!

Last night he got a message from "Bray Entertainment", it's the Co-Creators of Pawn Stars.

Here's what they had to say:

Lauren Mortellaro wrote:Bray Entertainment, the Co-Creators of Pawn
    Stars is casting for a New TV Documentary Series about weapons and
    armory.
    If you are a weapons and armory expert this is a great opportunity for you!

We are looking for but not requiring -

People between the ages of 25-60 with an experienced background in weapons and armory
    A strong knowledge of weapons in the timeline of 1896 to present, pre 1700's, replicating or restoring
    High energy, expertise, and big personalities!

If
    you would like to learn more about us, visit us at
    brayentertainment.com, you can also call or email me with questions, my
    info is listed below my signature.
    If you feel like you would not be right for the project but you know someone who would be, please send their information along.

If you'd like to get started right away on submitting a casting video, please follow these instructions -

Please submit a casting video to our website -
    brayentertainment.com/casting.php#

Username: braycasting
    Password: casting

Please answer these questions in the video -
    What is your full name?
    How old are you?
    How did you first get into your craft?
    What is your favorite thing about it?
    What is your least favorite thing about it?
    Are you an expert in any specific area's - for example- ancient swords - gun powder - cannons?
    Do you have any funny/interesting stories?

Tell us a little bit about yourself as well, be creative, show us a lot of energy and have fun!

The video is due preferably by Tuesday, April 24th. Otherwise, as soon as possible.

If you need any help with the video visit our link -
    brayentertainment.com/wp/casting/

What do you think guys? Sounds like fun!!! Very Happy

Antho
    Ivo
    Ivo
    Admin
    Admin

Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :) Empty Re: Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :)

Post by Ivo Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey, thanks for posting!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The news are really cool indeed. I think we can bring back the crossbow like no one ever could with the crew we have here! Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :) 524936

I'm no "expert", but I'm one hell of a wrecking ball when it comes to the excitement touching early modern and a good share of modern bows and a long time admirer of the medieval and exotic crossbows. king

As much as I'd love to give it a try, I'd happily support the person they like better for the spot...Mac, Geezer, Master Bran Padraig, or any one of you Extraordinary Ladies/Gents of the Crossbow! Everyone should give it a try or at least step up to make a contribution! cheers

Crossbows were and always will be the icon of any Weapons Series, so why not bring it back with the twist that no one ever did? Guys, I need your support here, let me know what you think! drunken drunken drunken

Ivo

PS: I know I left some topics hang, promise I'll get back to you all soon...It's Monday in all it's Glory! Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :) 728780
    mac
    mac
    Master Weaponsmith
    Master Weaponsmith

Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :) Empty Re: Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :)

Post by mac Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Ivo wrote:
    As much as I'd love to give it a try, I'd happily support the person they like better for the spot...Mac, Geezer, Master Bran Padraig, or any one of you Extraordinary Ladies/Gents of the Crossbow!

I've already turned them down a couple of days ago. I'm pretty sure that I am not the sort of guy they are looking for.

Mac
    stoneagebowyer
    stoneagebowyer
    Crossbow Junkie

I live here!

Crossbow JunkieI live here!

Post by stoneagebowyer Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:23 pm

So, Mac, what is the kind of guy they are looking for?

My own experience is that I was an extra, yes, an extra in The Hollywood Knights! I was in the marching band during the pep rally scene. You see me for about 1.2 seconds, if that Smile

I grew up in LA. I think I was very fortunate to grow up knowing and being friends with Billy Barty, Dick Wilson (Mr. Whipple), Tom Poston, etc. Mr. Wilson was one of the coolest people I have ever known. His son was in my Indian Guides tribe.

Dane
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Master Crossbowyer
    Master Crossbowyer

Post by Geezer Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Work for TV? No thank you, been there done that. I discovered TV people already know the truth, however absurd it may be, and don't really care what their experts say to the contrary. Their minds are already made up
    Indeed, the guys I worked with were pleasant fellows and they offered me a week's paid vacation and air-fare to and from. It was quite a stimulating outing, but the show itself was a farce. I don't have time or energy to do that again. So I'll pass.
    Geezer
    mac
    mac
    Master Weaponsmith
    Master Weaponsmith

Post by mac Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:03 am

stoneagebowyer wrote:So, Mac, what is the kind of guy they are looking for?

Dane,

I can't remember exactly what they asked for. Unfortunately, I have thrown out their first letter, and thus can not quote from it. They wanted someone between 30 and 60 (?) who knew their stuff etc.

Of course, what they didn't say, but will want none the less, is someone who is photogenic, cool and sure of himself. That would not be me, even if I wanted to be on TV.

Mac
    stoneagebowyer
    stoneagebowyer
    Crossbow Junkie

I live here!

Post by stoneagebowyer Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 am

Thanks, Mac. Some of the weapons experts you see on a show like "The Deadliest Warrior" are far from pretty faces Smile I certainly am not fronting a rock band. And I keep thinking of that British guy you see on various shows, very hyperkinetic and speaks a mile a minute.
    mac
    mac
    Master Weaponsmith
    Master Weaponsmith

Post by mac Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 am

Dane,

That's as may be. On the other hand, I have seen recordings of what I look like when I lecture, and heard my nasal voice and idiosyncratic quirks. Frankly it makes my skin crawl.

Here are a couple of links you can follow if you are brave. The first has very poor video, and it takes a bit for the audio to come in.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4420104592231636641

The second is a more protracted drone. Only folks who really care about armor can stand more than a couple of minutes of it, and even for them, I think it is like water boarding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj7QLDoh5Aw&context=C4deafcbADvjVQa1PpcFMmdQbRRrSB3zYThOVB0OEfRRL0HH54PUc=

Mac
    stoneagebowyer
    stoneagebowyer
    Crossbow Junkie

I live here!

Post by stoneagebowyer Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:08 am

Mac, I think we all universally hate the sound of our own voice. Mine sounds totally odd when I hear it. My internal voice is absolutely beautiful, though, a booming bass profundo that inspires confidence in men and makes women swoon and sigh. As for my singing voice, a college choir mate suggested my singing voice was very similar to James Taylor’s. Even worse, some regulars who came into my shop where I worked in high school claimed my eyes were identical to Paul McCartney, and a strange married couple at the same place always exclaimed that I was the spitting image of Harold from the film “Harold and Maude.”

But I will check out those links when I get home. I can’t imagine it being as bad as you say.

But getting back to top, go for it, Ivo. If they shoot it in the LA area, ask me about restaurant recommendations and about things to do.
    stoneagebowyer
    stoneagebowyer
    Crossbow Junkie

I live here!

Post by stoneagebowyer Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:02 pm

So, absolutely nothing wrong with your voice or your appearance. Others should check those links and see if they agree with me.

Dane
    Basilisk120
    Basilisk120

Post by Basilisk120 Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Actually Mac thanks for the videos. Those were interesting to watch, but then I do find armour and metal work interesting topics. Any issues with the videos were just technical in nature only.

I will admit on the second video I did skip ahead a few times but thats has more to do with my internet shortened attention span the video itself.
    DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
    DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
    Siege Engineer
    Siege Engineer

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Being on TV is HIGHLY overrated.
    Ivo
    Ivo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ivo Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:42 pm

I'll agree with the note on politics of these things...my experience was with a few game design companies...waste of my time as well. BUT...if given an opportunity, I'd do my part still. Smile As the fortune cookie says: "Opportunities multiply when they are seized".

I have my doubts too about myself being a useful asset as a speaker...an actor can do all the hand up the ass puppet work with the sweet autotuned voice and spray-on makeup quite a bit better and thank god we have 'em. Laughing ~ Guys like us are the real deal Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :) 951629 ....Wink So, modesty is a customary and respectable quality...still though, standing up for something we believe in is damn worth it. Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :) 204712

What I was talking about earlier was exactly getting past the crappy politics and perhaps working as an outside consultant. There are some things I've noticed in the time I spent as an Admin here...I know what people are looking for and what brings them to our forum...or in other words - what people are interested in and want to see/know/do. And I know all kinds of guys who can answer the call on virtually any topic touching crossbows... and even if not, still can hit it closer to home base than anyone else. How's that for an ice breaker? Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :) 90132

If all goes well, the things that people want to know will be publicized...the show will be great...and that's pretty much what I'm after. A cool show that will be interesting to watch...get them their ratings...and who knows - we might just see some new faces here with new ideas. Wink

I think I'll drop 'em a few lines. Weapons Documentary Series - Who wants to be on TV? :) 58024

Ivo

PS: Mac...I don't know what you're talking about. You're one of the coolest guys I know and the vids were great. If you got any more, I'd love to watch them...it's really an inspiration to watch the Master at work.
    stoneagebowyer
    stoneagebowyer
    Crossbow Junkie

I live here!

Post by stoneagebowyer Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Go ahead, make a video, audition, and have fun no matter if they chose you or not. Nothing ventured...etc. And don't listen to the naysayers...TV like film is a fantasy world scripted to a pre-ordained conclusion, but so what? The entire process is pretty facinating. If you have had the opportunity to spend time on a film studio (I have), seeing the many tiny parts that are hidden but make up a finished shoot alone is worth seeing if you can do this. Even seeing how something as silly as a game show is put together is pretty cool.
    mac
    mac
    Master Weaponsmith
    Master Weaponsmith

Post by mac Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:45 am

Dane, Basilisk, Ivo,

Thank you guys!... you are too kind.

Mac
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Master Crossbowyer
    Master Crossbowyer

Post by Geezer Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:23 am

I agree with stoneage: give it your best shot and see what happens. If they'll pay you something reasonable, you'll have an interesting time and come home with tin in your pocket. Just don't expect too much from the production itself. The guys I worked with were seriously wrong-headed. The finished program was intertaining in a stupid sort of way. Then again, the Ultimate Warrior guys were even worse. Personally, I wouldn't do it again, but if played for grins, you could have a good time. Geezer
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Master Crossbowyer
    Master Crossbowyer

Post by Geezer Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:24 am

for 'intertaining' read 'entertaining' My bad. Geezer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:01 pm