I glued up 2 1x3 x 29" poplar boards I got from home depot and let them dry in the sun. Right off the bat things didn't go perfect as the board started drying in the sun and the edges cupped away from the glue joint leaving a gap down middle of the stock. Oh well, next time I will clamp the pieces in between boards wider than what I'm gluing. I did a few cuts on the old band saw and they went well, not pushing the piece really helped and these were some of the straightest cuts I've done yet, (I'm self taught and new to the band saw).
Anyway, not much progress but this is a pretty busy weekend. So far the stock is 1.5" wide, 29" long and 2.5" deep at the fattest.