Decided to put it to good use.
So this has been on the works last winter
Hunting weight bow. With low gear (1:12) windlass for safe and comfortable spanning.
This has been shot a couple hundred times and is holding together. Allthough practically every part needs to be replaced before this is finished.
- "friction adjusted" Sight rail needs to be fixed to the mount with spring loaded button for quick range adjustment.
- Hemp cable windlass frame works OK, but could be nicer looking.
- Longer more ergonomical trigger lever.
- New trigger frame out of 4x20mm flat stock.
- Replace 70cm bundled bed spring bows with solid 80cm rowan staves to improve accuracy and allow increasing draw weight from 120#ish to couple hundred + .