The Arbalist Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossbows - Everything about Building, Modding, and Using your Crossbow Gear

Latest topics

» 12th Century Chinese Crossbow Chronographed
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:50 pm

» Crossbow Stock
by kenh Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:19 am

» Colletiere a Charavines continuing experiment
by stuckinthemud1 Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:36 am

» Cocking - how
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:24 am

» Questions around heavy crossbow lath buildin
by stuckinthemud1 Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:10 am

» Arab Crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:57 am

» prod angle, and lever trigger for sale anyone?
by stuckinthemud1 Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 am

» flexible string
by jasper1978 Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:25 am

» [solved]Skane/Lillohus crossbow thread
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:44 am

» jens sensfelder
by jasper1978 Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:58 pm

» 400lb Windlass crossbow bolts weight and accuracy shooting high.
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:53 pm

» Codex Löffelholz crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:14 pm

» Digitar prodsc
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:42 pm

» Troubleshooting
by Andy. Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:29 pm

» Wood Prods
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:47 pm

» Colletiere a Charavines crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:54 am

» Simplified Löffelhotz speedloader
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:05 pm

» Fiberglass H-bows
by c sitas Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:44 am

» Bad Antler
by drawknife Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:48 am

» Anyone make their own bolts?
by Juniper Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:20 am

» Josef alm in English
by Juniper Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:22 am

» Qin/Han lock drawings
by kenh Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:16 pm

» stirrup dimensions?
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:49 pm

» Skane/Lillohus lockbow information needed
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:23 am

» need help contacting le musee Dauphinois Grenoble
by stuckinthemud1 Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:22 pm

4 posters

just found this forum...FANTASTIC!

arbalest
    arbalest
    Fresh Blood

Doesn't mean
    I'm new to crossbows

Fresh Blood Doesn't meanI'm new to crossbows

just found this forum...FANTASTIC! Empty just found this forum...FANTASTIC!

Post by arbalest Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Hello,

New guy here. I visited the Alchem website (first time in a long time) and found the link to this forum. WOW. It will take some time for me to digest everything here. I have been interested in crossbows since I can't remember when. I once visited the Grand Guru of crossbows, a guy named Gil Frey. I suspect that after Grandpa Bailey and George Stevens, Gil was the repository of more crossbow knowlege than anyone. I still have some of his correspondence. I phoned him up and talked a little about my interest in crossbows and asked if I were to make my way to Gaithersburg, MD, would he have a few moments to visit with me. Well, he invited me to stay at his home, and I spent two days in crossbow heaven. He was instrumental in the design of the Devastator crossbow. Cancer took away a real guiding light. I have a set of the Bailey target crossbow plans that I purchased from the National Crossbowman of the U.S.A. My favorite item of Gil's generosity is a page (the trigger) from a set of plans for what would have been the replacement for the Barnett Spirit target crossbow. The bow was to be named Spectre. I wish I had seen the full set of plans, but having the trigger page is pretty wonderful. I have quite a collection of commercial crossbow parts, stocks limbs, mounts that I keep saying I'm going to build something with. Hopefully this forum will inspire me to get off my duff and build something.
    kiwijim
    kiwijim
    Tinkerer

If there is a will, there is a way.

TinkererIf there is a will, there  is a way.

just found this forum...FANTASTIC! Empty Re: just found this forum...FANTASTIC!

Post by kiwijim Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:42 am

Arbalist,
    Good to have you here! just found this forum...FANTASTIC! Icon_biggrin
    I feel the same sadness to see the old crossbow craftsmen fading, but you will find that people on this forum keep their memory and ideas alive, and I suspect, some of the members here, may well be the new stars. Infact I feel priviledged to amongst such learned company. just found this forum...FANTASTIC! Icon_biggrin

Regards

JAmes
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Master Crossbowyer
    Master Crossbowyer

just found this forum...FANTASTIC! Empty Fantastic

Post by Geezer Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:05 am

Yeah, aren't we great? (Geezer proceeds to dislocate an arm patting himself on the back) Hey Lightly, can you gimmie a hand here? Durn, she doesn't get in till noon. Ahh well.... inordinately prod to be one of the Few (or is it Phew?) Now off to Fedex with some deliveries. Geezer.
    Ivo
    Ivo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ivo Sat May 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Oh, didn't notice this newcomer thread just found this forum...FANTASTIC! Icon_redface

Welcome to the Arbalist, Arbalest! just found this forum...FANTASTIC! Icon_biggrin

Glad to learn of your great interest in crossbow building and yes this is indeed a hard thing to lose a good friend, but it is our memories that keep them alive in our hearts and the knowledge that they have passed down that makes them the unforgettable legends that we so admire. Long live the crossbow building community, so that it's legendary craftsmen live on with it. just found this forum...FANTASTIC! Icon_sunny

I hope that this place offers the good ground for your projects realizations...all you ideas and suggestions are most welcome here.

Good Luck,

Ivo
    arbalest
    arbalest
    Fresh Blood

Doesn't mean
    I'm new to crossbows

Fresh Blood Doesn't meanI'm new to crossbows

just found this forum...FANTASTIC! Empty projects

Post by arbalest Sun May 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Ivo,

I have a ton of parts from commercial crossbows (stocks, prods, mounts, etc), plus some Power Tuff limb material, plus some really old Power Tuff compound limb blanks with the bellies ground and the cutouts for the cams and axles. I have a Barnett Spirit prod, and a field crossbow stock (unfinished) with double set tournament trigger from Red Lion Crossbows. I just need to get off my duff and start using some of this stuff.

Mike
    Ivo
    Ivo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ivo Tue May 04, 2010 7:31 am

Well then get of that bum!!! just found this forum...FANTASTIC! Icon_lol ...just joking, I myself have very little time these days. If you have already something on the way, mstarting a topic in the Crossbow Workshop - posting your process and it's progress can be fun and will certainly help you get things rolling more smoothly with people helping out with what they can...a live build of sort. Looking forward to seing your crossbow...Have fun! just found this forum...FANTASTIC! Icon_biggrin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:11 pm