The Arbalist Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossbows - Everything about Building, Modding, and Using your Crossbow Gear

Latest topics

» 12th Century Chinese Crossbow Chronographed
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:50 pm

» Crossbow Stock
by kenh Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:19 am

» Colletiere a Charavines continuing experiment
by stuckinthemud1 Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:36 am

» Cocking - how
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:24 am

» Questions around heavy crossbow lath buildin
by stuckinthemud1 Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:10 am

» Arab Crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:57 am

» prod angle, and lever trigger for sale anyone?
by stuckinthemud1 Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 am

» flexible string
by jasper1978 Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:25 am

» [solved]Skane/Lillohus crossbow thread
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:44 am

» jens sensfelder
by jasper1978 Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:58 pm

» 400lb Windlass crossbow bolts weight and accuracy shooting high.
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:53 pm

» Codex Löffelholz crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:14 pm

» Digitar prodsc
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:42 pm

» Troubleshooting
by Andy. Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:29 pm

» Wood Prods
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:47 pm

» Colletiere a Charavines crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:54 am

» Simplified Löffelhotz speedloader
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:05 pm

» Fiberglass H-bows
by c sitas Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:44 am

» Bad Antler
by drawknife Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:48 am

» Anyone make their own bolts?
by Juniper Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:20 am

» Josef alm in English
by Juniper Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:22 am

» Qin/Han lock drawings
by kenh Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:16 pm

» stirrup dimensions?
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:49 pm

» Skane/Lillohus lockbow information needed
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:23 am

» need help contacting le musee Dauphinois Grenoble
by stuckinthemud1 Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:22 pm

5 posters

Just signed up: Ben Blaque

benblaquemagic
    benblaquemagic
    Fresh Blood

Doesn't mean
    I'm new to crossbows

Fresh Blood Doesn't meanI'm new to crossbows

Just signed up: Ben Blaque Empty Just signed up: Ben Blaque

Post by benblaquemagic Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:40 pm

Hello everyone at the arbalist guid. My name is Ben Blaque and I perform My crossbow act all over the world. I have been doing my act for about 7 years and have traveled to other countries and performed over 3000 shows. I am in the process of getting a new websight but you can look at my old and horrible sight i currently have www.blaquemagic.com I just got back from Jakarta Indonesia where I performed live for over 2 million viewers. I have many other gigs lined up including one in Paris this fall. I am looking for some really awsome crossbows to feature in my act , similar to the Talisman crossbows. If I cant find something i like then i would like to start making my own. Also, you can view my video on youtube if yo search: ben blaque. thanks and look forward to learning form this forum. Ben Blaque
    Basilisk120
    Basilisk120

Just signed up: Ben Blaque Empty Re: Just signed up: Ben Blaque

Post by Basilisk120 Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Welcome to the Site. Looks like you have a lot of cool things going on right and a bit traveling. But once again welcome

Wow, Just watched your promo video on Youtube. That was some crazy stunt shooting. That was really cool and insane.
    benblaquemagic
    benblaquemagic
    Fresh Blood

Doesn't mean
    I'm new to crossbows

Fresh Blood Doesn't meanI'm new to crossbows

Post by benblaquemagic Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:59 pm

hey thanks. i have alot of work into it and starting to pay off as i just returned from Jakarta Indonesia where i performed for the national tv show being aired in several countries. We had over 2 million viewers the first live performance.
    I just need some killer crossbows like the Talisman crossbows to use in my act and on the Tv specials.
    Ivo
    Ivo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ivo Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Ben Blaque Very Happy Welcome to the forum!

Never thought I'd have this celebrity moment...truly an honor to have you with us.

I remember putting in "Crossbow trick shot" in the Youtube search one day and stumbling upon your performance. Indeed a great show, very inspiring too. That same day I went to a BBQ hosted by the local Firefighting squad and since some of them are crossbow hunters...crossbows were out and we did some ring shots (I mean "ring" as in jewelry ring) for friends and family and then shot some balloons with kids, it was cool, but nothing as cool as your stuff.

So, you're looking for a cool crossbow for your performance?

I don't know if anything can be done as quickly as you need it (a custom usually takes from six months to a year), but we'll try to help you out as much as we can.

Tallisman crossbows are indeed awesome looking machines, the internals are pretty cool too. Not all of them are traditional flexible limb crossbows, some actually use a compression spring in the forend of the stock. Heavy, noisy, but that somehow makes them just so much more intimidating. Smile Anyway, I wrote Phil an e-mail asking him if he still builds bows and invited him to stop by the forum. We'll see how that goes.

Also, just in case you're interested...

There are a few other crossbowyers that do awesome work and might be able to help you out.

One would be New World Arbalest,

David R. Watson and Lightly build some fantastic Medieval Crossbows and can be contacted by this address:

http://crossbows.net/contactinfo.php

They are also members of this forum - Geezer(David) and Lightly, you can check out some of their work by looking up Lightly's topics in the Medieval Crossbow section.

This is a bow they did for our Mod, Basilisk120:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/swifthoundbows/sets/72157625564511304/

And if you wish for a slightly more modern recurve, or a beautiful custom stock for your existing crossbows (if I'm not mistaken, I saw you use a modified Parker or Tenpoint)...there is a Russian Crossbowyer by the name Dmitriy Krohalev. You can take a look at some of this work here:

https://thearbalistguild.forumotion.com/t298-crossbows-by-dmitriy-krohalev

As well as on his site (translated with Google Translate):

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsamostrel.com%2Farchive%2F

All in all, you have quite a few choices. Smile

Ivo
    Warhammer1
    Warhammer1
    Tinkerer

If there is a will, there is a way.

TinkererIf there is a will, there  is a way.

Just signed up: Ben Blaque Empty cool crossbows

Post by Warhammer1 Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Hey Ben. did Phil ever make you that bow you wanted? Saw your post some ti;me ago on crossbownation.com.

What are the requirements of the bow and desired performance? Is weight a factor, size?

I build torsion based bows. Ty Ruben has agreed to be my company designer "at large". - www.alieninsect.com currently I like to use the scorpyd for its piccatinny rail, making the torsion "riser" a simple bolt on but involves some custom stock work.

No one builds or sells torsion "crossbows" properly called ballista or manuballista (scorpion or scorpio) cheiroballista.

Anyhow, there are many skilled craftsman here - Im just a designer/innovator.
    Phil Abrahams
    Phil Abrahams
    Talisman Crossbows

Post by Phil Abrahams Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Big hello to everyone on here.Sorry Ben for not getting back in contact with you regarding making you a crossbow as i have been having terrible difficultie's trying to get info'talismancrossbows.co.uk to work so i can reply for a long while now as the website designers i used have just messed me around and around and around so now my email is talismancrossbows@hotmail.com .Anyway thank's for the interest in my crossbow's and your act is incredible stuff to say the least.I have been very busy getting the Talisman Mantis Ballista crossbow all ready to be finally made for hunter's and crossbow shooter's in general and this has required 100 percent attention to get this really incredibly powerful weapon to the stage's where i am right with it now.Right now i am in a position to be able to offer you a full custom crossbow that you would like if you are still interested.The Beast crossbow will be featuring in an up and coming film along with several other of my crossbow's in this British made film so i am negotiating with art director's and producer's but this is early day's.Anyway good to hear you are doing very well as you deserve recognition and i will gladly help out if i can.How are thing's working out with your design's Joel i will have to meet up with you when i get to the United state's anyway it's all good stuff we are all doing with crossbow's and i am still going for ultra high speed's and kinetic energy as i know you are very interested in very high powered crossbow shooting and i think the none flexing limb approach is really the way forward for incredibly high speed's and power.I just did not want to post this onto Crossbow nation as some of them on there start to get nasty so a just let them get on with what they do.I am still waiting to recieve two set's of Mantis limb's from the foundry to retest as it is only these that are critical to the extent of insanity,lol for all this crazy power.

Last edited by Basilisk120 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wanted to add more info)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:23 pm