The Arbalist Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossbows - Everything about Building, Modding, and Using your Crossbow Gear

Latest topics

» What you building?
by hullutiedemies Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:39 am

» 12th Century Chinese Crossbow Chronographed
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:50 pm

» Crossbow Stock
by kenh Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:19 am

» Colletiere a Charavines continuing experiment
by stuckinthemud1 Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:36 am

» Cocking - how
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:24 am

» Questions around heavy crossbow lath buildin
by stuckinthemud1 Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:10 am

» Arab Crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:57 am

» prod angle, and lever trigger for sale anyone?
by stuckinthemud1 Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 am

» flexible string
by jasper1978 Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:25 am

» [solved]Skane/Lillohus crossbow thread
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:44 am

» jens sensfelder
by jasper1978 Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:58 pm

» 400lb Windlass crossbow bolts weight and accuracy shooting high.
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:53 pm

» Codex Löffelholz crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:14 pm

» Digitar prodsc
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:42 pm

» Troubleshooting
by Andy. Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:29 pm

» Wood Prods
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:47 pm

» Colletiere a Charavines crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:54 am

» Simplified Löffelhotz speedloader
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:05 pm

» Fiberglass H-bows
by c sitas Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:44 am

» Bad Antler
by drawknife Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:48 am

» Anyone make their own bolts?
by Juniper Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:20 am

» Josef alm in English
by Juniper Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:22 am

» Qin/Han lock drawings
by kenh Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:16 pm

» stirrup dimensions?
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:49 pm

» Skane/Lillohus lockbow information needed
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:23 am

5 posters

Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder.

Michael
    Michael
    Techno Weeny

Lets put a laser on it!!!

Techno WeenyLets put a laser on it!!!

Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder. Empty Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder.

Post by Michael Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:07 am

Has anybody out there done business with the following people or companies. In the near future I plan on gathering parts and to commission a German Target Crossbow in the range of 350lbs to 500lbs to add in my collection. So if any body has had any business dealings with the mention; Jens Senfelder (prod) Germany; Digitarc (prod) Belgium and Matuls (cranequin) Poland. Any and all help will be helpful. Mike
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Master Crossbowyer
    Master Crossbowyer

Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder. Empty Re: Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder.

Post by Geezer Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:15 am

Geezer here with comments on above mentioned European crossbow-purveyors. A few years ago, a customer provided me with a Digitarc steel prod to apply to a stock I was making. The prod (@ 350 lb) was very correct for shape, with the rolled-tublar ends. It didn't seem to throw particularly fast, but I didn't have a chrono to test it.
    Another customer bought a Matuls cranequin to fit to a crossbow. It was very well made and the price was very low. Since then I have heard of one person who had trouble with Matuls delivery, but it's my impression they got hot under the collar and started calling names... that's a good way to piss off one of us independent artisans. It's also possible that the turnaround time is irregular and often long for things like cranequins... not unlike Alchem and prods.
    Sensenfelder enjoys an excellent reputation for steel prods. I haven't seen his work, but I've got one of his books and he seems highly regarded among European crossbow enthusiasts. I daresay he's safe to deal with and might well turn out the best steel prods on the market.
    Note that Matuls also offers 'gafa' cocking levers, which should suffice up to 400 lb. or so, depending on how they're built, but there are others who offer Gafas... notably Darkwood Armory. I get my gafas from them and am happy with the quality.
    Have fun stormin' da castle! Geezer
    Michael
    Michael
    Techno Weeny

Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder. Empty Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder.

Post by Michael Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Geezer: Again you are the man! So then that settles that leg of my adventure. Mr.Sensfelder for my prod and the people from Matuls for the cranequin. There is a photo web page out there I seen today named"Fancy Danish Bow, Ulrich, Walnut. Outstanding work. Take care my friend and Merry Christmas to you and the family. Mike
    Lightly
    Lightly
    Master Crossbowyer
    Master Crossbowyer

Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder. Empty Re: Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder.

Post by Lightly Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi Mike!

Yes, Geezer is The Man, and also my teacher/boss. I made and documented the aforementioned "Fancy Danish Bow" under his guidance and tutelage. He knows what he's talking about!

Best!
    Lightly
    Michael
    Michael
    Techno Weeny

Post by Michael Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Lightly:Without a doudt. I'm the owner of that crossbow (a proud owner). That is the best crossbow I ever owned. You have no idea when I seen those Photos WOW. You did an outstanding job on that weapon Lightly. Merry Christmas to you and the family. Mike
    Vidar Halvslak
    Vidar Halvslak
    Fresh Blood

Doesn't mean
    I'm new to crossbows

Fresh Blood Doesn't meanI'm new to crossbows

Post by Vidar Halvslak Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:06 pm

I have had buisness with all these companies/persons and it has worked out well. Alchem an Matuls had long delivery-times, but kept contact all the time and i was very satysfied when i got the goods. http://armborst.forum24.se/armborst-about118.html

Jens Sensfelders prods is historicly correct with beautiful nocks, but need some fun finishing:

see http://armborst.forum24.se/armborst-about25.html
    Michael
    Michael
    Techno Weeny

Post by Michael Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Mr. Halvslak: Question please: When dealing with Mr. Lison did you find a very long wait time before he replies to your correspondance?. How Mr. Sensfelder has made contact.and he does have an already bow in stock rated at 350kg.. Thank you Mr. Halvslak for guidance. Mike
    Vidar Halvslak
    Vidar Halvslak
    Fresh Blood

Doesn't mean
    I'm new to crossbows

Fresh Blood Doesn't meanI'm new to crossbows

Post by Vidar Halvslak Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:49 am

Hi Mike !

Mr Lison is not so very good at english and takes sometimes some time to reply. I think he works very hard...

Mr Ingo Lison is , by my opinion, Europes best crossbowbuilder. A bit expensive, but if you can afford it, the best of the best.

I bought this simple "Parrot-shootingcrossbow" from him: http://armborst.forum24.se/armborst-about84.html

Good that Jens replied. I have just bought 3 bows from him cheers Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder. 499925 Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder. 824245 and i´m very pleased as usual.
    stoneagebowyer
    stoneagebowyer
    Crossbow Junkie

I live here!

Crossbow JunkieI live here!

Post by stoneagebowyer Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:19 am

That parrot bow is really terrfic looking. Almost cute. The small weapons are so cool.
    Michael
    Michael
    Techno Weeny

Post by Michael Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 am

Good Morning Vidar: Good news , Mr. Sensfelder is working with me as consulant for me and Mr Lison. Yes I agree with you both these gentlemen are the best of the best in there fields. And I can't forget about you Vidar. With your wed site and love of crossbows you brought us all together: at that meet in Germany this past June. From Mr. Sensfelder I'm purchasing his bow Nr. 16 at 350kg..He offered to contact Mr. lison his friend for me as an (introduction). Which I took him up at it. I think that was so cool that a prefect stranger would do that; (Outstanding). Thank you my friend. Mike
    Michael
    Michael
    Techno Weeny

Has anybody dealt with: Digitarc.Matuls and Jens Sensfelder. Empty Has anyone dealt with Digitar, Matuls, and Jens Senfelder an Up-date

Post by Michael Sat May 12, 2012 9:06 am

Cool Hey guys. A while back I posted that question and contacted the above peoples. The two that I did business with where out very outstanding Mr. Jens Senfelder from Germany was and is willing to bend over backwards and help you. A very smart and remarkable man. He made me a prod that is great. The workmanship is correct for that period in time. I had the prod polished and then the beauty shows. People say you have to wait a long time for Matuls to come by with your purchase. That was not the case with me. I was dealing with Tomasz the owner ( I believe) was most helpful in setting me up with a cranequin to span the crossbow that I'll be using with the Senfelder prod. To great guys to deal with. To really purchase some serious crossbow equipment. Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:35 pm