The Arbalist Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossbows - Everything about Building, Modding, and Using your Crossbow Gear

Latest topics

» What you building?
by hullutiedemies Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:39 am

» 12th Century Chinese Crossbow Chronographed
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:50 pm

» Crossbow Stock
by kenh Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:19 am

» Colletiere a Charavines continuing experiment
by stuckinthemud1 Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:36 am

» Cocking - how
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:24 am

» Questions around heavy crossbow lath buildin
by stuckinthemud1 Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:10 am

» Arab Crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:57 am

» prod angle, and lever trigger for sale anyone?
by stuckinthemud1 Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 am

» flexible string
by jasper1978 Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:25 am

» [solved]Skane/Lillohus crossbow thread
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:44 am

» jens sensfelder
by jasper1978 Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:58 pm

» 400lb Windlass crossbow bolts weight and accuracy shooting high.
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:53 pm

» Codex Löffelholz crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:14 pm

» Digitar prodsc
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:42 pm

» Troubleshooting
by Andy. Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:29 pm

» Wood Prods
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:47 pm

» Colletiere a Charavines crossbow
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:54 am

» Simplified Löffelhotz speedloader
by stuckinthemud1 Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:05 pm

» Fiberglass H-bows
by c sitas Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:44 am

» Bad Antler
by drawknife Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:48 am

» Anyone make their own bolts?
by Juniper Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:20 am

» Josef alm in English
by Juniper Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:22 am

» Qin/Han lock drawings
by kenh Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:16 pm

» stirrup dimensions?
by stuckinthemud1 Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:49 pm

» Skane/Lillohus lockbow information needed
by stuckinthemud1 Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:23 am

3 posters

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks

Ivo
    Ivo
    Admin
    Admin

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Empty Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks

Post by Ivo Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 pm

Guys, I just had another case of FAIL.

You know this child hood sorrow every wanabe Engineer encounters? You
    know the one where you spend a ton of time designing something only to
    find out that the bicycle was invented by some French guy? Laughing

So here it is, My invention and contribution to the opening of this Collapsible/Folding Stocks topic.

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks 17522_10

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks 12801110

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Uzi20m10

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks P1010310

Pretty kick ass stock ey?...that's what I kept telling myself when designing it, only with "It's going to be..." in the beginning of the phrase. Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks 118282

Perhaps you guys might know of a few more cool folding stock designs that I'm inventing? Razz

Let me know please...I was in the dumps all day today because of this. Laughing

Ivo

Last edited by Ivo on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Basilisk120
    Basilisk120

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Empty Re: Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks

Post by Basilisk120 Mon May 09, 2011 9:16 pm

That really is a neat design. I have over looked it in the past, to simple, but looking at it again. I like it smooth and simple and clean.

Good for you Ivo on inventing it. Razz Yeah I know the feeling of creating something only to find it has been done already. It gets worse if the other design is better Crying or Very sad

I have always been partial to the HK MP5 collapsible stock http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-Stocks-Fixed-Stocks-and-Retractable-Stocks-c83.htm

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Mp5sto10

Another snazzy design http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MP_40_Schmeisser_Machine_pistol-_randolf_museum.jpg

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Mp_40_10

Everything else I looked at was pretty much run of the mill folding stocks.
    Ivo
    Ivo
    Admin
    Admin

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Empty Re: Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks

Post by Ivo Sun May 15, 2011 2:57 am

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this topic. Once again I'm caught up in work.

The H&K stock is a sweeet, I actually tried replicating it and learned about a few interesting details in the process.

My inspiration were a bit different though...

Saw CheTac M200 and fell in love with it.

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Cheyta10

Looks like it even uses a cam lever to lock the stock in place. drunken

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Cheyta11

And the platform chosen for the mod was one of those Taiwanese folding crossbows...chose the platform after seeing this crossbow made by Zaoshi (some company in Taiwan that's notorious for cloning a variaty sports equipment...a nock off manufacturer of sorts).

http://www.teraasekeskus.com/tuotteet.asp?osasto=zhaoshi&lan=eng

Drag for a 360 view.

...still the folding bow they made actually showed some interesting features(like the unique folding limbs that are locked by swinging the stirrup in place) and I moved on with the mod.

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Th_IMG_3884 Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Th_IMG_3883 Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Th_IMG_3891 Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Th_IMG_3881

Now the issues I was talking about is that this wire stock was flexing left and right on me, I used a 3/8" rod and the butt still tilted to the right when I shouldered it. It was comfortable and all since it shifted to contour the shoulder anatomy, but I abandoned the project since it didn't instill in me much confidence. Might pick it up again though and try to reinforce it somehow...perhaps do a molded hollow butt/cheekpiece part similar to CheTac and use thicker rods(probably even tubes or slides). Any suggestions welcome. Smile

I got more on the Uzi stock, but I'm out of time now and most of it will have to wait till tomorrow(ok, I know it's already 4 hours into tomorrow, so tonight actually Razz )

OK, Last thing, since I just can't not mention it...

Good for you Ivo on inventing it. Razz
    Yeah I know the feeling of creating something only to find it has
    been done already. It gets worse if the other design is better Crying or Very sad

Yeh, it really sucks, but thinking about it now....at least we don't have to work out all the bugs. Razz
    What makes me happy is this...I would have spent more money building my half ass prototype when in reality that stock goes for only $15 on this site: Link
    *don't know what I'm going to do with the slide cover that comes with it, but I'm getting the stock to use with the project that I was designing it for...hey saves me some time, so why not? Smile *

Ivo
    Basilisk120
    Basilisk120

Post by Basilisk120 Sun May 15, 2011 10:55 pm

$15 for a collapsible stock? Shocked I just might order one of those to have on hand till I can figure out what to do with it. Very Happy

As for the bending issues. A tube would be more resistant to bending than a similar diameter solid bar. I did get a couple of ideas for crossbow collapsible stock. Not sure how buildable they are. I'll try to get some drawings up soon.

The nice thing about a crossbow stock is that it can be lighter since it doesn't have to take the strong recoil shock of a rifle.
    8fingers
    Workshop Savvy

Did you see my tool collection?

Workshop SavvyDid you see my tool collection?

Post by 8fingers Tue May 24, 2011 1:03 am

It seems to me that using steel with a square cross section might flex less than a piece of round stock same diameter. At least you could control the direction of flex?
    Ivo
    Ivo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ivo Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Found another interesting folding stock on Izhmash (weapons manufacturer) website.
    Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Biz1
    Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks Pp-19_10

Couldn't find a good video showing the over the receiver folding stock in action, kinda lame, but what can you do...the thing is still pretty cool with it's cylinder mag and good for show. Smile

I think it's very similar to the stock on this little prop crossbow, not sure if it was copied off of Bizon or the builder had the same fortune/misfortune that I had with the Uzi stock.

Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks F_cros10
    Collapsible/Folding Shoulder Stocks F_cros11

Still hunting out these cool little ideas. Wink

Ivo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:48 pm