My first thread was about a medieval-ish crossbow characterised by a big draw length which compensated a little for the weak wooden prod. Since I can't get better material for now, I decided to start a new project that allows me to use various material with maximum draw length and minimal bending of the material in question. Therefore I went for a compound system, with four pulleys which increases the mechanical reduction, here's the first idea :
And I've been working on this over the last couple of days :
Those are just cheap weak wooden leaves, if it works I will have something strong.
First I need to see if the string travels nicely through the pulleys.